1896 — Border Patrol Enforcement Series***
This series covers positions which supervise, lead, or perform work involving enforcing the laws that protect the Nation’s homeland by the detection, interdiction, and apprehension of those who attempt to illegally enter or smuggle any person or contraband across the Nation’s borders.
- knowledge of statutes, regulations, instructions, and precedent-setting decisions pertaining to enforcement of immigration and naturalization laws and regulations;
- knowledge of standard investigative techniques and law enforcement procedures to enforce immigration and naturalization laws and related Federal statutes;
- skill in evaluating information rapidly, making timely decisions, and taking prompt and appropriate actions under less than optimal conditions;
- proficiency in a foreign language; and
- an understanding of foreign cultures and customs.