1849 — Wage and Hour Investigation***
This series covers positions which supervise, lead, or perform work involving:
- conducting on-site investigations to obtain compliance by employers with wage and hour and related laws;
- establishing, revising, and interpreting wage and hour program policies and guidelines; and/or
- evaluating enforcement operations.
- knowledge of related laws;
- an understanding of business organizations, records systems, and practices related to the laws administered; and
- the skill to apply varied investigative techniques to obtain compliance, including on-site questioning of employees and employers, negotiation and conciliation, instruction, persuasion, and litigation.