0881 — Petroleum Engineering Series***
This series covers positions managing, supervising, leading, and/or performing professional engineering and scientific work involved in the discovery and recovery of oil, natural gas (e.g., methane, ethane, propane, and butane), and helium. The work includes:
- exploration and development of oil and natural gas fields;
- production, transportation, and storage of petroleum, natural gas, and helium;
- investigation, evaluation, and conservation of these resources;
- regulation of the transportation and sale of natural gas;
- valuation of production and distribution facilities for tax, regulatory, and other purposes; and
- research on criteria, principles, methods, and equipment involved in exploration and development activities.