0806 — Materials Engineering Series***
This series covers positions managing, supervising, leading, and/or performing professional engineering and scientific work to:
- determine and advise on a material's essential composition, atomic and molecular configuration, and processing;
- relate the material’s essential composition to its properties, end use, and performance in engineering, architecture, and scientific applications and programs;
- examine the interaction of materials in their processes and applications, taking into account the associated equipment, systems, components, and their fabrication, design, or use;
- develop, maintain, and apply materials and material solutions to meet certain mechanical, electrical, environmental, and chemical requirements; and/or
- test and evaluate substances for new applications.