0804 — Fire Protection Engineering Series***
This series covers positions managing, supervising, leading, and/or performing professional engineering and scientific work to protect life and property from destructive fire. This work includes:
- assessment and prediction of fire hazards or risks;
- mitigation of fire damage by proper design, construction, and arrangement of facilities;
- research, development, and testing of fire protection technologies (e.g., halon and water mist applicators);
- design, construction, inspection, testing, and operation of fire detection and fire suppression apparatus, appliances, devices, and systems; and
- assessment of fire protection requirements.