The links to websites that are external to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) may provide additional information that may be useful or interesting and are being provided consistent with the intended purpose of the OPM website. These external links are not endorsements of the organizations nor do they ensure the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of the information. Further, the inclusion of links in hypertext on the OPM web site are not intended to reflect their importance, nor are they intended to endorse any views expressed or products or services offered by the author of the reference or the organization operating the server on which the reference is maintained.
Please Note: The privacy protection provided on the OPM.gov domain may not be available at the external link.
Choose by HR Technical Areas
- CSRS and FERS Overview – Do you know the differences between the FERS and CSRS retirement systems? Do your employees? This PowerPoint presentation is a side by side comparison of both retirement systems, discussing everything from eligibility requirements, survivor benefits, treatment of deposits and redeposits, contributions, and numerous other topics. Best of all, you can use this presentation to educate your own employees as part of your financial education strategy. (Presentation Date: November 2012)
- Entering Phased Retirement
- How to Document FEHB Coverage for Retiring Employees
- OPM's Employee Relations
- OPM Employee Relations Training – Useful training information for human resource practitioners and agency managers is given in the form of Professional Development Series and Roundtables to enhance their skills in the area of employee relations.
- OPM Employee Relations Roundtables – Roundtable discussions feature guest speakers and subject matter experts that are recognized experts in Federal employment law, rule, and practice. These discussions provide an opportunity for attendees to listen, learn, and ask questions. Roundtables are presented as part of an ongoing effort to bring relevant and reliable information to Federal sector employee and labor relations practitioners.
- Federal Whistleblower Rights and Protections – This video from the U.S. Office of Special Counsel explains the rights of federal government employees who whistleblow on government wrongdoing. (Published on Jan 27, 2013)
- Know Your Rights When Reporting Wrongs - U.S. Office of Special Counsel – This pamphlet from the U.S. Office of Special Counsel provides a summary of whistleblower protections and avenues available to employees to disclose wrongdoing. For more information, please visit www.osc.gov.
Human Resource Development
- Time Off Awards – This video is designed to cover the basics of time off awards and provide helpful hints for agencies to consider when developing their time off awards policies.
- Honorary Awards – This course is designed to cover the basics of honorary awards and provide helpful hints for agencies to consider when developing their honorary awards policies.
Laws and Regulations: