Merit Systems Protection Board Web-based Training on Adverse Actions
In this web-based course, you will learn about the various elements of an Adverse Action, and the responsibilities of the MSPB in deciding appeals from one.
• Discussion of Adverse Action
• Burden of Proof
• Charges and types of misconduct
• What constitutes Nexus
• The rules about Penalties
• General guidelines on MSPB Decisions
• Who may appeal an Adverse Action
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
• Discuss what constitutes an Adverse Action
• Describe the nature of Charges, Nexus, and Penalties
• Know the most important step in preparing to take an adverse action
• Understand how the MSPB reviews an adverse action appeal
• Understand the rights of probationary employees and others with short term service
24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Estimated Time to Complete Course:
You must have Adobe Reader installed in your browser in order to print your certificate. If you have technical problems running this online courseware or printing a course completion certificate:
Course Content Contact: email@example.com
- See the list of Troubleshooting Tips.
Online (hosted on HRU)
HR Technical Competencies:
Employee Relations; Human Resource Development
Legal, Government, and Jurisprudence
Roles: Technical Specialist; Advisor; Strategic Partner; Leader
Once you have completed this course, return to this screen in order to print your certificate of completion.