Recruitment Professional Development Series
The Recruitment Policy and Outreach (RPO) team at the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) presents the Recruitment Professional Development Series to provide guidance on advancing your organization's strategic and tactical recruiting goals. Embracing targeted recruitment is the key to accessing top talent from all segments of society and improving Governmentwide Federal recruitment. Please join OPM's recruiting subject matter experts for all seven session of this informative series of webinars.
Who should attend?
- Federal human resources professionals who advise hiring officials on recruitment and hiring
- Federal hiring officials who are responsible for recruiting and building high performing teams
- Federal employees who participate in recruiting and outreach activities (e.g., equal employment opportunity specialists, special emphasis program managers, campus ambassadors)
These sessions will be conducted online, via AdobeConnect.
Schedule: For the series schedule go to Registration.
Estimated Time to Complete Course:
- Registration is open to ALL Federal employees.
- Registration is open and continues until each session is completed or full.
- If you need a reasonable accommodation, such as closed captioning, please contact the event organizer no later than seven calendar days prior to the event date.
The sessions vary in length from 1 hour to 1.5 hours.
Registration: For registration details, select the session link:1. Writing Effective Job Opportunity Announcements
Date/Time: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 1:30 PM (EDT)
Duration: 1.5 hours2. Recruitment Sourcing
Date/Time: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 at 1:30 PM (EDT)
Duration: 1.5 hours3. Collaboration
Date/Time: Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at 1:30 PM (EDT)
Duration: 1 hour4. Employment Branding
Start Time: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 1:30 PM
Duration: 1.5 hours5. Campus Recruitment Basics
Start Time: Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 1:30 PM (EDT)
Duration: 1.5 hours6. Recruiting Analytics
Start Time: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 1:30 PM (EDT)
Duration: 1 hour7. Onboarding Basics
Start Time: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 1:30 PM (EDT)
Duration: 1 hour
Please contact the event organizer on the registration page with any questions or requests for reasonable accommodation.
Office of Personnel Management
Course Content Contact:
Tom Formby, Thomas.Formby@opm.gov
Online (not hosted on HRU)
HR Technical Competency:
Human Resource Development; Policy; Staffing
Creative Thinking; Customer Service; Decision; Interpersonal Skills; Oral Communication; Planning and Evaluating; Problem Solving; Technical Competence; Workforce Planning
Creativity and Innovation; Flexibility; Strategic Thinking; Customer Service; Decisiveness; Problem Solving; Technical Credibility; Human Capital Management; Partnering
Roles: Technical Specialist; Advisor; Strategic Partner; Leader